Friday, May 25

So this was unexpected

I just got the following e-mail from amazon.com:
As someone who has purchased a John Wayne movie or a Western from Amazon.com, you might be interested in our new John Wayne Store, commemorating the 100th anniversary of his birth on May 26, 1907. Don't miss it, pardner.
So I'm thinking to myself... Western? I purchased a western?

I really didn't remember purchasing a western... then I started running through the few movies I'd purchased from amazon.com: Wordplay, Thank You for Smoking, Little Miss Sunshine, Good Night and Good Luck and... well, the closest we have to Westerns in that list is Thank You For Smoking, since it involves a guy who used to play a cowboy and no, really, that can't be it, and then the only other thing I bought was...

Oh my.

Okay, I didn't think of that.

You may or may not have guessed this by now... but the movie that flagged me as being into westerns was, believe it or not...

Brokeback Mountain.

Somewhere, John Wayne is spinning in his grave.

I wonder if he and Jerry Falwell share a plot?

No comments: