Friday, July 9

Julie Waters e-notes: Fri, July 9, 2010

I made the mistake of wearing red while sitting on the porch.  A ruby-throated hummingbird showed up about three feet away from me before realizing I wasn't food, but when it came back, it was a bit wary for a bit, hiding in the bushes before figuring out that bee balm made a much better food than I did.Hey all-- just a few quick notes:



See specific dates-- I'll be performing in August at Waypoint Center in Bellows Falls and in September at Pleasant Valley Brewing, and next week I'll be hosting the Kindred Folk monthly song circle at Twilight Tea Lounge.




I also have been playing with some very new sounds and uploaded a couple experiments:



http://www.juliewaters.com/mp3/Grand_Central.mp3



http://juliewaters.com/mp3/Orpheus.mp3



I'd love to hear what you think of them.



Other than that, busier than I'd expect this Summer-- not so much in gigs but lots of web work and photography, but always looking for more-- if you know anyone who needs help with web design, feel free to drop me a note. I've learned how to do specialty design for mobile devices which load different versions of the page if you're browsing from an iPod, Blackberry, Android, etc.



Finally, a deep thought: I think the people behind this global warming hoax have carried the joke just a little too far this week.



Very funny. Now can we please have our mild Summers back?
Hope everyone is well!



----------------------------------



More info: http://juliewaters.com/



Julie's photography: http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/



----------------------------------



Upcoming events for Julie Waters



----------------------------------



Sunday, July 11th 2nd Sundays Song Circle at RAMP Gallery; Bellows Falls, VT



Tuesday, July 13th Kindred Folk Song Circle at Twilight Tea Lounge; Brattleboro, VT



Friday, August 6th Julie Performing Live at Bellows Falls Farmer's Market at Waypoint Center; Bellows Falls, VT



Sunday, August 8th 2nd Sundays Song Circle at RAMP Gallery; Bellows Falls, VT



Friday, September 17th Julie Waters Live in Performance at Pleasant Valley Brewing Pub; Saxton's River, VT

No comments: