Tuesday, June 19

Julie Waters e-notes: Tue, June 19, 2007


I'm sending this mid-month e-mail because I've got a new last-minute gig scheduled with Kindred Folk-- it's me with T. Breeze Verdant and Michael Hertz. It's this Friday (June 22nd) @7pm at Common Ground in Brattleboro.

This show is connected with Kindred Folk, which is a great new organization in Southeastern Vermont, designed to network musicians together for common good. I'd thought about trying to organize something like this a few years ago, but I never found the time to do so-- I'm glad someone else is taking on this sort of project. I'm looking forward to this gig in all sorts of ways and I hope a few of you can make it as well.

Also, for anyone interested, I've been making real strides with my bird photography, including some really nice pictures from a boat trip last week, and of a green heron a couple days ago. Links, etc., at http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/

Not much else to report right now-- still contemplating a new CD, but not having made much progress. Still working on learning Objective C to create a new piece of music software, but that's got a (long) ways to go yet as well-- programming is never easy and this is particularly complicated-- it involves an interaction of music theory, A/V interfaces and end user interfaces, all of which just make my head spin, but if I can get it to work, it will be worth it, in the sense that it will be nothing like anything I've ever heard before.

Hope everyone's well.

No comments: