Tuesday, June 3

Julie Waters e-notes: Tue, June 3, 2008

Hey all: a few things:

First, I've got a show coming up in Pliny Park in Brattleboro on Saturdy, July 12th; it's an evening gig from 7-9pm.

Second, my music's on Rhapsody now. If you're a subscriber, all you have to do is play my tunes from time to time and I get automatically paid for the listen; doesn't cost you anything extra, but it earns some extra income for me.

Also: all four of my CD's are now on iTunes and amazon.com; there are links to purchase them from the web site (http://juliewaters.com/home.php) and if you click on "audio stream" you can play through short clips of all the songs available.

I'm having a real resurgence in music and musical creativity. I'm going to find time this July to complete a new CD, doing digital release only.

For the first time, ever, I'm thinking about the musical choices in terms of financial return. It's not that I'm going to play music I don't care for, but I can see which of the pieces I've sold on iTunes were most popular and which ones haven't really sold at all. And it helps that the top selling song of mine on iTunes (my rendition of the Bach Minuet) happens to be one of my favorite pieces I've ever developed.

So I think I'm going to make the next CD all in that same vein: taking classical and traditional pieces (Bach, Beethoven, for certain, and probably some old folk tunes) and perform them in my own very unique style. It's the work I do which seems most likely to generate sales, but it;s also some of the work I genuinely love.

Good to check in with everyone again. Hope you're all well!
----------------------------------
More info:

http://juliewaters.com/

Julie's photography:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/
----------------------------------
Upcoming events for Julie Waters
----------------------------------
Sunday, June 15th 2nd Sundays Song Circle (tentative) at RAMP Gallery; Bellows Falls, VT

Saturday, July 12th Julie Live Jam at Pliny Park; Brattleboro, VT

Sunday, July 13th 2nd Sundays Song Circle (tentative) at RAMP Gallery; Bellows Falls, VT

Sunday, August 10th 2nd Sundays Song Circle (tentative) at RAMP Gallery; Bellows Falls, VT

No comments: